As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 poblano chiles, roasted and peeled
- 1 onion, halved and cut in strips
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 4 to 5 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 6 to 8 ounces Oaxaca or mozzarella, grated
- Stem and seed the chiles and cut into narrow strips. Sauté the onion in vegetable
oil until soft and translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the chiles
and cook 1 minute, then add the cream cheese and spices. When the cream cheese is
completely melted, add the grated Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese in 6 to 8 handsful.
Allow the cheese to melt without stirring and take care to keep the temperature
- Serve in individual ramekins with a hot flour tortilla draped over the top of
- To eat, the raja mixture is simply spooned into the tortilla, which is
rolled or folded to keep the mixture from spilling out. Remember the trick of tipping
one end up so you don't lose any of the delicious filling.
The chile and onion mixture may be prepared up to 2 days in advance and either
refrigerated or frozen until ready to use. Be sure to reheat it before adding the
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes