Chili con Queso Soup
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles, drained, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained, seeded and chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter until soft.
- Add chiles and tomatoes. Cook 10 minutes, stirring, until liquid evaporated.
- Stir in cream cheese. When cream cheese has melted, add broth, half and half, lemon juice and cayenne.
- Add salt to taste. Cover and heat to serving temperature; do not boil.
- Serve with tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.