- 5 large tomatoes
- 2 habanero chiles
- 1 onion, peeled, quartered and roasted
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Splash of vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt to taste
- Heat your comal (or griddle) over high heat.
- Remove skins from onion and cut into quarters.
- Place tomatoes, chiles, onions and garlic onto the comal and
cook over high heat until the skin is brown or black and blistered.
- Remove the skins and the seeds from the tomatoes and chiles.
- Let all the cooked items cool for 15 minutes.
- With a molcajete or blender, process the cooked ingredients and then add in the