Chocolate Rum Balls (Bolitas de Ron)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, 1 pound broken into pieces and the rest finely grated
- 2/3 cup rum
- 1/2 pound walnuts, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Put the cream in a saucepan, and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the 1 pound of chocolate pieces. Stir the mixture constantly with
a wooden spoon until it is smooth and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- When it is cold, stir in the rum and chopped nuts.
- When the mixture becomes firm enough
to handle, roll it into balls about the size of walnuts.
- Roll the balls in the grated chocolate.
Yield: about 1 1/2 pounds
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 5:02:32pm 10/22/03.
Source: 150 Recetas De Dulces De Facil Preparacion
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.