- 1 quart milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 junket (rennet) tablets
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1-inch) stick cinnamon, splintered
- 3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat milk quickly to lukewarm.
- While it warms, beat yolks in a blender or with a mixer.
- Stir eggs into milk and add rennet dissolved in 1 tablespoon
- Stir in vanilla extract. Stir hard briefly.
- Pour into a 10 x 8 x 3-inch pot which is about 8 to 10 inches
in diameter. Let set without moving until firm.
- Slice into squares.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over it.
- Place over low heat to barely simmer for 2 hours, or until
curds have a slightly cheese-like consistency and syrup thickens.
- Place into a serving dish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.