Chorizo (Mexican Sausage)
- 6 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup garlic puree*
- 8 ounces ground red chile, not chili powder
- 2 quarts red chile paste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine ground meat, wine and vinegar thoroughly.
- Add salt, oregano and garlic
puree. Add ground red chile gradually, kneading it in with hands. Gradually knead
in the chile paste.
- Place in large ceramic bowl, cover with plastic and refrigerate
- Drain any liquid. Use in a day or two, or divide into individual portions and
Yield: 6 pounds
* Garlic Puree: Peel 8 whole heads of garlic by smashing the cloves with the
side of a wide knife; the peel will slip off easily then. Put the peeled garlic
in a blender with about 2 cups of water, and puree. Drain, if necessary, and store
in a tightly closed glass jar in the refrigerator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes