- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- Confectioners' sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 375 degrees F in a 4-quart Dutch oven or deep saucepan.
- Heat water and butter to a rolling boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat; quickly
stir in flour and salt. Stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball.
Remove from heat; beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and glossy.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Squeeze 5-inch
strips of dough into hot oil. Cook, turning frequently, until deep golden brown;
- Sprinkle generously with confectioners' sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve warm.
Yield: about 24 Churros
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.