Classic Mexican Flan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- Yolks of 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan melt sugar over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until
sugar is a dark, caramel-colored liquid. Remove from heat and pour into a 4-cup
metal ring mold or 8 individual molds. Quickly turn mold to coat bottom and sides
with the caramel. Let cool so caramel hardens.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, egg yolks and flavorings into an
electric blender. Cover and blend to mix well. Pour mixture into mold; put mold
in a larger pan filled with water to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove flan from oven and remove mold from water. Cool and then refrigerate up
to 2 days.
- Cover mold with an inverted serving platter. Hold mold and platter together
and turn them over. Lift off mold. Caramel will fall as a liquid sauce over the custard.
Yield: 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.