- 4 jalapeno chiles, stems and seeds removed, cut in half
- 2 cups pinto beans, cleaned and rinsed
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups water
- Vegetable oil (for refrying)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine chiles, beans, beer, onion, the 1 tablespoon oil and water in a large
pot and soak overnight.
- The next day, bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until the
beans begin to fall apart. Add more water (always boiling water), if necessary.
- Remove the onion and chiles and either serve the beans whole with the cooking liquid
or mash the beans and then fry them with additional oil for refried beans.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes