- 4 jalapeno chiles, stems and seeds removed, cut in half
- 2 cups pinto beans, cleaned and rinsed
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups water
- Vegetable oil (for refrying)
- Combine chiles, beans, beer, onion, the 1 tablespoon oil and water in a large
pot and soak overnight.
- The next day, bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until the
beans begin to fall apart. Add more water (always boiling water), if necessary.
- Remove the onion and chiles and either serve the beans whole with the cooking liquid
or mash the beans and then fry them with additional oil for refried beans.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.