Easy Chicken Mole
This has a more mellow flavor than the standard mole. I serve it with Mexican rice, refried beans and flour tortillas.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Boil chicken in a large pot with enough water to cover chicken for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Drain water, leaving about 4 cups of water in the pot to continue cooking. Add onion, chili powder, garlic and salt. Stir well; remove about 1 cup of liquid to a separate pot and let the liquid cool.
- Add the flour to the I cup of cooled liquid, mix well and add to chicken. Add the peanut butter and stir.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.