- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and halved
- 1 whole mild green chile, roasted and sliced
in several fat strips
- 1 whole mild red chile, roasted and sliced in several fat
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Arrange tomatillos, chiles and garlic decoratively in a 1-quart jar or bottle.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour into the jar as much of the liquid as will fit.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature,
cover, and chill for at least 5 days.
These vegetables will keep, refrigerated, for 2 months or longer.