Esquites (Fried Corn)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels or 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Several drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, green pepper
and corn 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 2 servings.
Per serving: 153 calories (33 percent from fat), 5.6 g fat (0.6 g saturated,
3.1 g monounsaturated), 0 cholesterol, 4 g protein, 25.6 g carbohydrates, 4.7 g
fiber, 24 mg sodium
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.