This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fideo con Carne y Papas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can Ro*Tel
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chunky slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into thick round slices then in quarters
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces vermicelli or fideo
- 1 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion and set aside.
- Cook ground beef along with Ro*Tel and minced garlic; set aside.
- Place chunky diced potatoes to boil in water with a sprinkle of
salt). Cook on rapid-simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry vermicelli until golden brown, stirring constantly to
- Add broth, tomato sauce, all dry spices and sautéed onions. Mix
- Add ground beef and “almost” cooked potatoes to vermicelli mix;
simmer another 5 minutes. Don’t overcook!
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.