Bunuelos de Higos
- 24 firm ripe figs
- 2 eggs, separated
- 5/8 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Grated lemon rind
- 4 1/2 ounces flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Oil for frying
- Wash and dry the figs. If they are large, halve or quarter them.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the milk, oil, salt and lemon rind.
- Stir in the flour and sugar and combine well.
- Refrigerate the batter for 2 hours.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the batter.
- Dip the figs into the batter and fry them in deep, hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain briefly on paper or paper towels and sprinkle with sugar.
Apricots, bananas and other fruit can be prepared in the same way.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.