Flan de Limon
Nothing compares to the smooth and delicate flavor of homemade flan.
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons water
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Heat the 10 tablespoons sugar and water in a small pan over medium heat. Stir
until the sugar has turned a golden color, removing it immediately so it doesn't
burn. Pour evenly into 6 ovenproof custard cups.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until smooth but
not foamy. Blend in the lemon juice, rind and milk. Pour into the prepared cups
and place them in a large baking pan. Fill the pan 2/3 of the way with water.
for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove
the cups, cool and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, loosen the edge with a knife and invert onto individual