Flan de Pina
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- In the top of a double boiler melt 1/4 cup sugar over moderate heat, stirring constantly,
until it is a rich caramel color. Dip the bottom of the container into cold water
for a second or two, turn the container to coat the sides with the caramel, and set it aside.
- In a saucepan cook together unsweetened pineapple juice and 1 cup sugar until the liquid
is reduced by half and is quite thick. Cool the syrup.
- Beat eggs until they are thick and lemon colored and gradually pour in the syrup,
beating constantly. Pour the mixture into the caramelized container and cook it
over barely simmering water for about 2 hours, or until it is set.
- Let the custard cool and refrigerate it overnight.
- Before serving, run a knife between the custard and the container, place a serving
dish over the mold, and invert the pineapple custard quickly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.