Flan (Caramel Custard)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until
melted and golden brown. Divide syrup among four 6-ounce custard cups; rotate cups
to coat bottoms. Allow syrup to harden in cups, about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour into custard cups.
- Place cups in 9-inch square
pan on oven rack. Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of tops of cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes
out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Immediately remove from water.
- Unmold and serve warm, or refrigerate and unmold at serving time.
Yields 4 servings.
Spiced Brandy Custard
Stir 2 tablespoons brandy, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg into eggs.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.