Frijoles Refritos (Refried Beans)
- 4 cups pinto beans, cooked and mashed
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salsa De Chile Colorado
- Mash beans in skillet and add hot oil. Mix well. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook
over very low heat, stirring frequently.
- Before serving, refry beans by adding 2 tablespoons smoking hot fat, shredded
cheese to taste and some salsa. Stir briskly over high heat.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.