Here’s the real deal: a guacamole recipe so authentic, you can almost hear the
- 4 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ripe, medium Roma tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup minced sweet white onion
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Hot pepper sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- Cut avocado into large chunks and mash coarsely in large bowl with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend gently; leaving some small chunks is fine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more pepper sauce, salt and pepper if desired.
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 10 min
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total Fat 15 g (Sat 2 g,
Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 10 mg; Potassium 575 mg;
Total Carbohydrates 12 g; Dietary Fiber 8 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 382 IU; Vitamin C 20 mg; Calcium 19 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0
IU; Folate 89 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photo credit: Hass Avocado Board