(Cacahuates con Chile)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup piquin chiles
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups raw Spanish peanuts, shelled
- Place the oil, chiles and garlic in a small saucepan and warm over low heat for
3 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to come to the simmering point.
- Blend the mixture
for 2 minutes and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Blend again for 1 minute, then strain the mixture into a small container.
the peanuts with 2 teaspoons of the flavored oil until they are well coated; place
them in a large cast iron skillet.
- Place the skillet with the peanuts into an oven
preheated to 300 degrees F and roast them, stirring every 5 minutes, for a total
of about 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Salt peanuts to taste, then serve.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.