Jamaica (Hibiscus Flower Drink)
- 2/3 cup dried hibiscus blossoms*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or simple syrup
* These are labeled "sorrel" and can be found in Mexican markets in the Southwest.
- In a saucepan, bring the blossoms and water to a boil over high heat and continue boiling for 3 minutes. Add enough water to bring the total liquid to 4 cups; add sugar.
- Set the mixture aside for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain the liquid into a glass pitcher. Add more sugar, if necessary.
- Serve chilled over ice with lime wedges as a garnish.