Machaca (Shredded Beef)
- 1 (2 pound) beef chuck roast
- Water, to cover meat
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flour tortillas
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Simmer meat, onion and black pepper in water until very tender, about 2 hours.
Drain, and cool until meat is cool enough to handle. Discard bone and fat; shred
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until
onion is soft, 4-5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree Ro*Tel tomatoes (including liquid), tomato sauce, spices
and salt. Add to meat. Simmer until meat absorbs most of sauce, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas and sour cream, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce,
diced tomato and salsa.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes