- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon, crushed
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon anise flavoring
- Combine milk, the 1 cup sugar, cinnamon and lemon rind in a large saucepan and
bring rapidly to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain; cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then add the 1/4 cup sugar, very slowly, still beating.
Add anise flavoring to the milk, and carefully fold in the whites.
- Freeze for several hours until set.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.