Mexican Beef Street Tacos
- 4 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups salad oil or any vegetable cooking oil, like canola
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup fresh chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 skirt steak, about 1 pound and about 3/4-inch thick
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup melted lard
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- To make a marinade, combine soy sauce, oil, water, cilantro, garlic, cumin, lemon
juice and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Place skirt steak in a sealable
plastic bag. Pour marinade in the bag, covering the steak.
- Place bag flat in a refrigerator
for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- When ready to grill, remove beef from marinade.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Lightly
oil grill grates and, when hot, place steak on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes before dicing into 1/8-inch cubes.
Keep warm while grilling tortillas.
- Heat a flat grill or large sauté pan over high heat.
- Dip the tortillas into the
melted lard and place on the grill. Heat about 30 seconds, or until lightly toasted.
- To assemble tacos, stack 2 tortillas together and fill with meat.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes