Mexican Cabbage Relish
- 1 cup green cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted in a dry cast-iron pan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Mix together cabbage and kosher salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes,
then rinse thoroughly and drain.
- Stir in onion, cumin seeds and olive oil.
- Cover and let sit several hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Serve at room temperature.
Serves 3 - 4 as a side dish.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/4/2001 11:18 am.