Mexican Chocolate-Pecan Candy
Creamy pecan candy dipped in chocolate.
- 1/2 pound (.2 kg).butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml)
dark brown sugar plus 1 tablespoon (15 ml) additional
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark Karo
- 2 half pints cream
- 2 cups (475 ml) canned evaporated milk
teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 cups (950 ml) chopped
pecans (not too small)
- 1 package dipping chocolate melts
- Bring the first 7 ingredients to a hard boil. Boil for 40 minutes or until hard
- Add vanilla extract and the pecans. Mix well. Pour into a square pan and let
stand for 24 hours.
- Cut into bite-size squares. Dip into melted chocolate melts.
Makes 24 pieces or more.