Mexican Chocolate-Pecan Candy
Creamy pecan candy dipped in chocolate.
- 1/2 pound (.2 kg).butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark brown sugar plus 1 tablespoon (15 ml) additional
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark Karo syrup
- 2 half pints cream
- 2 cups (475 ml) canned evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 cups (950 ml) chopped pecans (not too small)
- 1 package dipping chocolate melts
- Bring the first 7 ingredients to a hard boil. Boil for 40 minutes or until hard
- Add vanilla extract and the pecans. Mix well. Pour into a square pan and let
stand for 24 hours.
- Cut into bite-size squares. Dip into melted chocolate melts.
Makes 24 pieces or more.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.