- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- Assorted fruit toppings (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring
until sugar is dissolved. Boil until mixture becomes a light caramel color, about
6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into greased 6 cup ring mold and quickly
rotate mold so syrup coats the bottom evenly.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, milk and spices; mix well. Pour
egg mixture into mold.
- Place mold in roasting pan filled with water 1 inch deep. Bake, uncovered at
350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool to room
temperature. Loosen edge of custard with spatula and invert onto serving dish. Spoon
any remaining caramel on top of custard; garnish with fruit if desired.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/21/2001 4:02 pm.