As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons fat or drippings
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chill powder
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes, drained (save juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 cups grated sharp yellow cheese
- 1 or 2 cups grated or chopped fresh onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Corn tortillas
- Make the sauce by browning onion in fat or drippings. Then stir in flour, then
garlic, chili powder, drained tomatoes, salt, Tabasco sauce and about half of the
tomato juice. Simmer until about like gravy or tomato sauce.
- Make filling by combining cheese, onion and salt.
- Dip each tortilla into melted fat, then into sauce. Place a large spoonful of
tortilla filling on each tortilla and roll up. Arrange in, serving dish or baking
dish. Cover with remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining filling.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes