Mexican Flag Cake
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes JELL-O Strawberry Flavor
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) pound cake,
cut into 10 slices
- 2 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- 4 kiwi, peeled,
- 10 fresh strawberries, cut in half
- Add boiling water to gelatin mixes; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
Add enough ice to cold water to make 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until melted.
Refrigerate 5 minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened.
- Cover bottom of 13 x 9-inch dish with cake; cover with gelatin. Refrigerate 4
hours or until set.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with whisk or mixer until blended;
stir in COOL WHIP. Spread over gelatin. Arrange fruit on cream cheese mixture to
resemble the Mexican flag.
- How to Assemble Flag Cake: Cake should be divided in to 3 even vertical
sections sections: 1 section is green (kiwi), 1 is white (no fruit), and last section
is red (strawberry).
- How to Make Mexican Toothpick Flags: Make 3 small printouts of the Mexican
flag. Find them online by searching for the words "Mexican Flag." Print
out the flags, then cut them out. Tape the green ends to toothpicks, then insert
into center of dessert.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 4 hr 25 min | Makes: 20 servings
Variation: Prepare using PHILADELPHIA 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese and COOL WHIP
LITE Whipped Topping.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of