- 2 whole eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine whole eggs, egg yolks, milks and vanilla extract.
- Measure sugar into
a 6-cup metal pan or mold. Set directly over medium heat and stir constantly with
a wooden spoon until sugar is melted and light caramel in color. Be careful not to overcook or sugar will burn.
- Pour custard mixture into prepared mold. Set mold in a large shallow baking dish
containing an inch or two of water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to one hour. Cool, then chill.
- To serve: Invert custard onto a chilled serving plate. Sugar will be a sauce on top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.