Mexican Fried Chocolate Bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 6 ounces Mexican chocolate, grated
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- In a bowl whip the cream until soft peaks begin to form. Add the sugar and cinnamon
and whip until it just forms stiff peaks. Place in a decorative bowl.
- Place a tortilla on a work surface. Lay half a banana down the center of the
tortilla and top with 1/4 of the chopped chocolate. Paint the edges of the tortilla
with water on your finger. Fold the edges tightly toward the center, and seal with
wooden picks. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Heat the oil in a deep sauté pan to 360 degrees F.
- Carefully slip the filled tortillas into the oil and cook, turning, until golden
brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the dessert tortillas with the sweetened whipped cream on the side for
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.