Mexican Orange Drops
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup boiling orange juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Heat milk in the top of a double boiler.
- Melt the 1 cup sugar in a saucepan.
When the sugar is a rich brown, stir in the orange juice. Add the hot milk. Stir
in the 2 cups sugar and salt until dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook, covered,
for 3 minutes until the steam washes down any crystals on the sides of the pan.
- Cook uncovered over low heat, without stirring, to the soft-ball stage, 238 degrees
- Remove from the heat and add the orange rind. Let the mixture cool.
- Beat until creamy, then stir in the nuts. Drop the candy from a spoon onto heavy-duty
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.