Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries, often used
as a filling for tostadas and tortillas or served over rice. In this Mexican Picadillo
recipe, jalapeños, cumin and oregano add dimension to the ground beef and vegetables.
Perfect for entertaining large groups too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Tomato Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook beef, carrot, onion, bell pepper and jalapeños in large skillet over medium-high
heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink;
- Stir in tomatoes and juice, bouillon, oregano and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce
heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve hot with tostadas.
15 min prep | 25 min total | 8 to 12 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes