Mexican Whiskey Candy
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Small pinch of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups pecan halves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine the sugar, syrup, baking soda, butter and evaporated milk. Cook slowly
to the firm ball stage, or until candy thermometer registers 242 degrees F.
- Remove the candy from the heat and add the bourbon.
- Stir in the pecan halves and beat until candy thickens and looks creamy.
- Drop by spoonsful onto wax paper and let cool.
Yields 36 pieces (two pounds).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes