Mexican Whiskey Candy
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Small pinch of baking
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups pecan halves
- Combine the sugar, syrup, baking soda, butter and evaporated milk. Cook slowly
to the firm ball stage, or until candy thermometer registers 242 degrees F.
the candy from the heat and add the bourbon.
- Stir in the pecan halves and beat until
candy thickens and looks creamy.
- Drop by spoonsful onto wax paper and let cool.
Yields 36 pieces (two pounds).