Most Americans call it vanilla pudding, but the Mexican version is Natilla.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Beat the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of the milk
together. Add to the sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
- Bring the remaining milk to just below boiling. Add the egg yolks and sugar mixture,
stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly,
until it becomes the consistency of a thick custard sauce. Remove from the heat;
allow to cool, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold the custard mixture into the beaten egg whites.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and let sit for 30 minutes.
Natilla can be served warm or cold. Keep refrigerated if not serving immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.