In Oaxaca, guacamole is more often a sauce than a dip. It's perfect for spooning
over grilled meats of all kinds.
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 3 serrano or jalapeno chiles, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- Peel, pit and coarsely chop the avocados.
- Combine the onion, garlic and chiles
in a blender or food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the avocados and process into a puree.
- Add lime juice, cilantro and salt and process just to blend.
- Taste for seasoning, adding lime juice or salt as needed.
Serves 4 to 6.