Papas con Rajas
(Potatoes with Peppers)
Use this as a filling for tacos or quesadillas or as a substitute for hash browns.
- 3 Idaho baking potatoes
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 medium onions, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mexican queso fresco
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Boil potatoes whole in salted water until done.
- Put poblanos on a cookie sheet and broil until black. Turn and blacken on all
sides. Remove poblanos and put into a plastic bag and seal so that no steam escapes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until
wilted and slightly browned.
- Peel cooked potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Increase temperature under skillet to high. Add potatoes. You may need to add
more oil as the potatoes tend to absorb it. Let potatoes brown before stirring.
The potatoes will fall apart, but that is fine.
- Add a lot of salt and some pepper to taste.
- Under running water, peel skins off poblanos and remove stems and seeds. Coarsely
chop the poblanos.
- When potatoes have colored nicely, add poblanos, garlic and queso fresco. Cook
for another 5 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes