Serve this Mexican-style side dish with chicken or pork. You can make this recipe
lighter by substituting 1 tablespoon of oil for the bacon.
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 pound spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pinto beans, cooked (canned)
- Wash and remove the large stems from the spinach. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Brown the bacon in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the cooked spinach.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Posted by darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/14/2002 5:43 pm.