- 1/4 pound chorizo (Mexican sausage), casings removed
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 serrano chile, minced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded queso Chihuahua or Monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons 151-proof liquor, such as Everclear
- Corn or flour tortillas, heated
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour off
the fat. Add the onion, tomato and mushrooms and/or chile, if using, and sauté until
softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, spread the cheese in a small baking dish and bake for 5 to 10 minutes,
until completely melted. Remove from the oven.
- Pour the chorizo mixture over the cheese. Pour the liquor over the top, and using
a long match, carefully ignite the liquor - the flames will die down in 30 to 40
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas by placing the cheese inside each tortilla
and folding them over to form a taco.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Source: Los Barrios Family Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes