- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatine;
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 pound small shrimp, cooked, shelled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- Mix together the tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, green chiles, Worcestershire,
seasoned salt and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes and chill overnight.
- About 1 hour before serving, dissolve the gelatine and bouillon cube in the boiling
water. Stir into the chilled mixture.
- Add the shrimp, green olives and cucumber.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Garnish with croutons.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.