- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup oil for frying
- Stir together dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Slowly add milk. Turn out onto
a floured board. Knead until dough is smooth. Cover and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Fry in hot oil, turning once.
- Dip into powdered sugar. Fill with honey.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.