Serve the sopaipillas with honey or maple syrup. They can be frozen and then
warmed for serving.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon margarine, lard or shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Warm water
- Mix dry ingredients. Cut in fat. Add enough water to form a medium soft dough
like pie crust.
- Rest dough in covered bowl for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Roll very thin, about 1/8 inch. Cut into diamond shapes.
- Fry in very hot fat.
- Drain on paper toweling, then serve warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.