This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Steak Picado is one of the easiest meals to prepare. It can be served with beans and rice. Don't hesitate to
use it as a burrito or taco filling. Use a slotted spoon to drain as you fill a tortilla or taco shell. You can easily make
into a stew by adding rice. I often substitute a couple Hatch green chiles for the green bell pepper.
- 2 pounds chuck steak, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped, divided
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 packet Goya achiote
- 2-3 teaspoons chicken flavor Knorr
- 3 cups water
- Pour a little oil into a saucepan.
- Once oil is hot add meat (do NOT
add salt or any seasoning). Let cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and 1/4 of the onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender add tomatoes,
1/4 of the white onion, garlic clove, Goya achiote, chicken Knorr and water and blend well.
- Add mixture to meat and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.