Tamales Dulce (Sweet Tamales)
These can be made with any combination of fruits or jams that you like; and some
- Dried corn husks
- 4 cups Masa Harina
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups lard or shortening
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry preserves
- Place the corn husks in a pot, cover them with boiling water, and allow them
to steep, covered, for 1/2 hour.
- Mix dry ingredients together; then add the water
to make the dough. The dough should not be quite as damp as that used in meat tamales
because you will be adding the preserves.
- Beat the lard with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in the dough, a little at a time; then beat in the strawberry preserves.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of the dough on a corn
husk and then roll it up. If the husk is large and pliable enough, you may be able
to fold over each end to seal it; if it isn't, tie the ends with string.
- Steam the tamales for 1 1/2 hours or until the dough is set and does not stick to the
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.