As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel tomatoes and chiles
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 corn tortillas
- 2 pounds Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Cook onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Add Ro*Tel, tomatoes,
coriander, salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in small fry pan. Dip one corn tortilla at a time in hot oil
just long enough to soften. Stack on paper towels and cut into fourths. Layer tortillas,
sauce and cheese in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve hot with sour cream on top, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes