- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce)
can no salt added tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, including liquid
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
cup diced avocado
- 6 small black olives, chopped
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch cubes. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large,
nonstick skillet. Add chicken cubes and sauté just until no longer pink, about 2
to 3 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet. Stir in onion and green pepper;
cook gently until softened. Add tomato puree, chili powder, oregano, cumin and beans
with juice; stir well. Simmer 5 minutes, then return chicken to tomato sauce and
simmer 2 to 3 more minutes or until chicken is heated through and thoroughly cooked.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on each tortilla, fold and place in
shallow casserole dish. Pour any remaining sauce over all. Sprinkle with shredded
cheese and put in oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until cheese melts.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream. Add shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, avocado
cubes and chopped black olives.
Makes 3 servings.
Per serving: 723 calories, 51 g protein, 64 g carbohydrate, 17 g fiber, 31
g fat, 127 mg cholesterol, 949 mg sodium