Traditional Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 large can V-8 juice (spicy if desired)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 cucumbers,
seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined and steamed*
- Limes, quartered
- Tabasco sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a large nonreactive container.
- Serve with limes and Tabasco sauce.
Serves 4 to 6.
* Do not overcook the shrimp, as they will become tough!
Be careful when steaming the shrimp; you do not want it tough.