Turron de Avellana y Almendra
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted and cooled
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Blend the almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor until a paste forms. Set
- Place egg whites in a stand or hand mixer with the whisk attachment and whisk
until medium peaks form.
- Mix the whipped egg whites with the nut paste until well blended.
- Place the honey and sugar in a medium-sized sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the nut-egg white paste and cook over low-medium heat for about 12 minutes, constantly
stirring until the mixture thickens and begins to brown just a bit.
- Pour the mix onto a lightly greased 12 x 17-inch pan sheet and chill.
- Once chilled, cut into 24 pieces. Roll the pieces in hand to create cylindrical shape, then wrap
in cellophane or simply store as is.
Makes 24 pieces.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes