This sweet, comforting, rich and universally known Spanish dessert is a favorite
of many Latin-American countries and increasing in popularity in the United States.
It's French relative is crème caramel. Flan is well suited to follow a spicy
meal or as a delicious snack with a fresh, hot cup of coffee.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly,
for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored. Quickly pour onto bottom
of deep-dish 9-inch pie plate; swirl around bottom and sides to coat.
- Combine evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla extract
in medium bowl. Pour into prepared pie plate. Place pie plate in large roasting
pan; fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- To Serve: run small spatula around edge of pie plate. Invert serving plate over
pie plate. Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms sauce. Garnish
with fruit as desired.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Servings: 8
Nutritional Information: Calories: 330 Calories from Fat: 80 Total Fat: 9
g Saturated Fat: 5 g Cholesterol: 105 mg Sodium: 130 mg Carbohydrates: 52 g Dietary
Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 52 g Protein: 9 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.