Afghan Chicken Kabobs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red or black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks
- Flatbread such as lavash, pita or flour tortillas
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- Cilantro to taste
- 2 lemons or 4 limes, quartered
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix yogurt, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl. Mix chicken with yogurt and marinate
1 to 2 hours at room temperature, up to 2 days refrigerated.
- Thread chicken on skewers and grill over medium hot coals.
- Place warmed pita bread on plates (if using tortillas, toast briefly over flame),
divide meat among them, top with tomato and onion slices and cilantro and fold bread
over. Serve with lemon or lime quarters for squeezing.
Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 87 Calories; 2g Fat (23.2% calories
from fat); 4g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 8mg Cholesterol; 839mg
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Middle Eastern Recipes